Have you seen that movie 27 Dresses with Katherine Heigl? Well, my friends joke that that is me…
So I’m going to copy the many bloggers that do wedding posts on Wednesdays and do my own. No, I’m not getting married. I’m not even dating. BUT I do want to be a wedding coordinator/planner, I’ve been in a lot of weddings and I’m constantly looking at wedding blogs for ideas for friends and my own photography. Plus, weddings are just fun to look at and talk about. Right?!
Today, I’ll start simple and just share some places around the web that I like to look at for fun and inspiration…
– 100 Layer Cake
– Style Me Pretty
– Junebug Weddings
– Green Wedding Shoes
– Snippet & Ink
– Project Wedding Blog
Photographers (just a few):
– Wildflowers Photography (probably one of my favorite photographers of all time!)
– Our Labor of Love (they shot my brother’s wedding)
– Aubrey Joy
– bobbi & mike
– W. Scott Chester
– Suburbanite (one of my classmates I studied abroad with in Italy)
Funny post by A Cup of Jo
What wedding blogs do you follow? Who are your favorite wedding photographers?
As you all know, I’m a photographer. And I’ve shot a lot of engagement pictures, events, senior pictures, etc. However, at the end of the summer, I had to opportunity to shoot a wedding. A REAL wedding. Like I was the only photographer! It was a pretty big deal.
Nicole Turner is the sister of Laura Oakes, one of my friends here in Athens, which is how I got the job. I feel so grateful to have gotten to opportunity to shoot the wedding Scott and Nicole!
awkward family photo
So the end of my summer involved many weddings. Two of my good friends got married and I had the privilege of being a part of both of them.
The first took place on July 22nd. Daniel and Ashley Sanchez got married in San Antonio and it was a blast but also a blur. Having been at camp all summer, I was already exhausted. The night before I left (if i could even say that since we left at 4 am) I was up until 3 finishing a video for the HOPE for Kids thank you luncheon to its donors that helped make camp possible. The whole rest of the week I was running on coffee and the Holy Spirit, cause there is really no other explanation for how I survived physically. But I really do feel so blessed to have been a part of it. Ashley was my best friend in high school and we’ve been through a lot together. Here’s some pictures from that weekend:
At the Bridesmaids Brunch
Ashley with her matron and maid of honor
After our toast...we wrote a poem to try to avoid crying and talking too long.
the bridal party
i just love her 🙂
Oh, and I also shot their engagement shoots in the beginning of the summer…heres a few:
The second wedding I was able to be a part of was a former roommate of mine. Andrew and Kelsey Chase got married on July 30th. It was truly an amazing celebration consisting of many of my best friends. Here’s a few pics:
the bridesmaids singing karaoke at Shokitini's
the flower girl, Andrew's sister, Lydia
we danced down the aisle to Party Rock
the first dance
Both of these weddings were such joyous occasions. And I’m so grateful to have been a part of them!
Its wedding season in my world. This summer I have 5 weddings I’m going to and I’m in two of them. Three are in the next three weekends and they are all in different states. CRAZY! but of course, I am constantly following wedding blogs and photographers who shoot lots of weddings so I’m using this all as an excuse to show you some new things i’ve found recently 🙂
– If I could have my wedding anywhere in the world it would probably be here. right in the middle of Tuscany. perfection.
– this is a cool idea for a wedding: in an abandoned mansion
– these signs are so cool!
– something about this wedding made me save it, i’m not sure why but i love how cute and simple it is.
– love the idea of a road trip engagement session
– i need ivory flats for one wedding i’m in this summer. my dress is navy and from j-crew. i’m thinking about these, thoughts?
– i also need yellow flats/sandals for the other wedding. i had ordered some yellow gladiator sandals from DSW but they failed me. they never came 😦 so i need new suggestions!
– this would be perfect for one of my friends 😉
Its Wednesday again so here are my favorites/little things I’m finding joy in this week.
1. Baptisms. We had another girl in our ministry get baptized last night and I is seriously one of the most encouraging things to ever witness. Especially when most of your 75 person ministry shows up in support, makes a tunnel for her to run through before getting in the water and really just enjoys being together, fellowshipping, singing and praising God. I love my ministry 🙂 Anna Bryant was added to God’s kingdom last night. There was some great sharing and lots of tears. I am so excited to get to know her better.
such a great moment
2. Gigi’s Cupcakes. I know I already said cupcakes were one my favorite things last time but Gigi’s opened up in Athens last week and I am absolutely obsessed. I’ve already met the owner, her name is Bobbi and she’s awesome. It’s locally owned and its delicious. They have so many different flavors and they have a menu of all the different flavors they make each day. I’m going today to get the Merry Margarita. 🙂
3. Friends. I know I’m a little biased but I think I have the best friends. I had a great open, real heart-to-heart convo with one of my best friends this week and its just so encouraging to know that you aren’t alone in feeling certain ways. I had the privilege of celebrating the new year with most of my closest friends. It was wonderful to have them all in one place.
the dallas crew
4. Engagements. Another one of my good friends got engaged a few days ago!!! So excited for Ashley Hammer and Danny Sanchez. It’s going to be a crazy end of the summer for me between finishing my summer job at camp in Philly and wedding events for two close friends. But its so great to see your friends so happy!
high school graduation
5. Wedding blogs. Between aspiring to be a photographer and being wrapped up in my friends’ weddings, I have become obsessed with wedding blogs. A few of my favorites are 100 Layer Cake, Green Wedding Shoes and Ruffled.
Brett, my brother, and Anna, one of my best friends, got married this weekend. I am so beyond thrilled for them. This weekend was crazy but fun and it was one of the most beautiful and amazing weddings I’ve ever been to.