So, I’m here for my last post to inform y’all that I’m fed up with wordpress and how messed up my blog has been lately so I’m moving on and using blogger. I’m revamping my blog, the purpose of it and after some procrastination from studying – I know, not surprising – I have finished it. So check it out! Hope you all follow me on my move 🙂
I love the holiday season. And I’m really ready for it this year because I’m ready for this semester to be over. So in my procrastination and time when I should be productive with school work, I’ve been looking at all things related to the holidays.
– perfect new years nail polish!
– this is just a random chicken pot pie recipe that looked delicious
– I’ve been baking a lot lately, well I guess lately is the past year and a half..haha…but my mixer is starting to die. It has one speed, fast, and starts to burn up and smell bad. Its a really old handheld mixer that I inherited from my mom. My dream would be a Kitchen aid mixer. I love the steel aqua color, so vintage. But I may have to settle for something more reasonably priced or even dirt cheap (although I’m not sure how long this poor thing would last in my kitchen!) for now and I’ll just dream about the day that I’ll own a stand mixer…
– favorite christmas albums right now: She & Him and Justin Beiber
– Red Velvet Pancakes with chocolate chips! like i’m drooling here…
I got a new haircut 🙂 Well, I basically have real bangs again but this time they aren’t as intense.
Best thing about a haircut = the massage. I got the best head/neck massage when the girl was shampooing my hair.
Worst thing about a haircut = my hair will never look as good as the day they cut and style it. I just can never seem to get it to look the same.
Some other recent things in my life:
– Halloween – this is my house…we do it big:
– I’m interning with ESP to help them plan the Big Hearts Pageant. Everyone should come out. Its going to be great!
– We’re about to start practicing for Playmakers and I’m stoked!
– Went to the corn maze with my freshman girls 🙂 it was a fun fall friday night for sure!
– I made an A on my communication law test! Huge accomplishment!
– I’m also working with a baker, Katie, to help her with some big events. We decorated this wedding cake and grooms cake together. Here’s her website, Sarah Kates Bakery
Posts around the web:
– I want to make these smoothies. I think Amelia is rubbing off on me!
– Want to make these cookies cause I love pomegranate and chocolate, best of both worlds!
– Pumpkin cinnamon rolls!!! please and thank you
Why is everything food related?!
I thought I’d share a few things that have brought me happiness amidst my stressful and busy life. Hopefully something will bring a smile to your face as well 🙂
1. God. I mean its a given right?! This week, my family group has been studying out peace and its so encouraging and refreshing to be reminded that I can dwell in his peace and comfort and that everything is going to be ok if I just trust in him. Yesterday I read James 3:18 and Hosea 10:12 about peace and righteousness. How great is our God!
2. The new Coldplay cd, Mylo Xyloto, came out and I’m already obsessed!
3. This new coffee mug that Amelia gave to me like two weeks ago. Its just great and keeps me supplied with coffee 🙂
4. The extra credit assignment in my anthropology class was to make food. So I baked my Granny’s coffee cake. It gave me an excuse to take a break from studying and bake which is always awesome.
5. Pumpkin carving and corn mazes…more to come later but basically i just LOVE fall!
6. This Harry Potter wedding…:)
7. The farmers market. I had to go for class and now I’m obsessed. Sadly, I didn’t take pictures. I know. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. But I did buy some pretty fall flowers, Terrapin bread and honey butter and some sun gold tomatoes that are gone already. They were just so good!
8. I get to read magazines for class. Even though I don’t want to be a journalist any more, at least I still get to do fun things for my classes…
Do you ever have a week where you lose track of what day it is, never have time to cook, leave the dishes in the sink, go to bed at 2 am every night (or should i say morning), run around like a crazy person, drink more coffee than is healthy for anyone to drink, and you’d lost your head if it wasn’t connected to the rest of your body?
WELL its one of those weeks for me.
You may be thinking, ‘well, it can’t be that crazy if you have time to blog which may I point out you haven’t done in weeks…’ I know, I know. I haven’t been very consistent. And I shouldn’t admit this right now but the only reason I have time to type this is because my teacher is very boring and has gone off on a tangent that doesn’t even remotely relate to what we’re learning (what does the unemployment rate and the upcoming election have to do with sports?!). So I turned to blog writing.
For some reason, all my teachers think its ok to have all their tests and assignments all in the same week. Its really just cruel. I’m having a hard time managing my time right so that I’ll be prepared for all my tests, and write my paper on time, and I’ve been strangely ADD and having a hard time focusing on thing at a time. Like a normal girl, my mind moves a mile and minute and its been even worse this week. I keep having the desire to go search for event planning internships instead of learning about defamation and privacy law cases. I think I’m just overwhelmed by all the work I need to do and avoiding it. But no worries, I have been studying diligently. I’m just at that point where I’ve been studying for SO long that I want the test to be here and just get it over with.
On the upside, tomorrow is our Halloween party and I’m really excited for my costume and to share it with all of you. I had a photography gig on Sunday. I shot some family/Christmas pictures for a family here in Athens who have an absolutely adorable 9-month-old baby named Cooper. And as of 1:45 pm on Thursday, I will be on fall break and won’t think about class for a whole 3.5 days. On Friday, I’m going to the beautiful Dahlonega with one of my closest friends, Amelia, to go wine-tasting and then enjoying a nice relaxing weekend at my dad’s house. I have lots of pictures to catch you all up on, photo shoots and such, so hopefully during my down time this weekend I’ll find some motivation to blog. If I can find sometime in between drinking wine and cheering on the Bulldawgs towards a much needed victory against the Gators on Saturday 🙂
Enjoy the fall!
It was pointed out to me after my last post that I had a huge deficit in describing my summer. I forgot to mention my summer family. oops….
So to make up for it I’m going to share about them 🙂
We had an AMAZING full time staff at camp this year. I really am so blessed to have been able to spend so much time with these people.
This was the picture from our banquet. This was the only time we dressed up and looked so fancy. It was fun.
It would take too much time to go through individually and talk about all these people and I would probably forget something. But I’m so grateful for getting so close to all of them. Kathie and I took pictures together and worked closely on documenting the memories of camp and getting the photos and videos distributed to the kids.
I was able to work closely with my sister 🙂 so closely in fact, we actually shared a room. For the first time since I was like 5. Definitely made for an interesting summer but I’m so grateful for the opportunity to build our relationship to an even deeper level. I feel like we have more of an adult relationship. I now rely on her for so much advice in my life and I really miss her so much. She’s just wonderful.
We all worked hard together every day but occasionally we took time off and had fun too. My favorite was the dance parties and shaving cream fights.
I will forever owe camp for my new found friendship with Jessica Fridley. She is a gem 🙂 Really though she is wonderful. When we first got back to Athens, it was hard to go a day without seeing her or talking to her. She helps me so much in life and in my walk with God. I admire and look up to her so much. And we also just have so much fun together 🙂
Heres some more random pics from our summer together:
Thanks for a GREAT summer!!! Y’all are wonderful!
So I have not blogged in a very long time. And I apologize. Being out at camp all summer, life got crazy. I barely had time to talk to my dad or my best friends, much less write about my life. But here’s a brief update from my summer:
I worked at a summer camp. I was the Arts and Crafts Director and Assistant Photographer. Although since most of you are people who know me and are involved in my life in some way, you probably already know this. Let me just say, it was an incredible experience. And I learned a lot. But the biggest decision I made was….I don’t want to be a professional photographer.
I’ll just let you ponder that.
I know its shocking!
But don’t freight, I will do photography for friends and family for the rest of my life. I’m even taking some engagement pictures for a good friend of mine this evening.
But here’s some random pics from my summer:
In between weeks at camp, I was able to attend the International Campus Ministry Conference in my hometown (kind of), Athens, GA. It was really encouraging to see friends from all over the country and to hear all the inspiring lessons, I really needed the spiritual food.
So that was pretty much my summer. I still have a few things to catch y’all up on, some weddings and the start of my semester. I’ve already been in school for a month and a half, its crazy!
One more thought: I love fall. Like I really love fall. I love the cooler weather, the changing colors of the leaves, fall fashion, college football and of course, pumpkin spice lattes…well really all things pumpkin. Like seriously I can’t even tell you how many PSLs I’ve consumed in the last two weeks. However, I really need to buy some black heels for an event tomorrow. And one down fall of the new fall fashion is that no sells peep toe heels! Hopefully I can find some on sale but I really have no time before noon tomorrow but hopefully I can find something like these:
I found them a few months ago and wish I had bought them but I did not have the foresight of my future need and desire. But I also found these, hopefully I’ll be able to make it to DSW tonight 🙂 If not there is a Rack Room Shoes in athens and they have these, which happen to be on sale!