Like every week, this week was filled with disappoints and encouragements. However, I’m trying to be a more positive and joyful person so I choose to focus on the encouraging things that have happened in my life in the past 7 days.
Here’s my list:
1. Sleepover with Hannah Burke. We went and bought cupcakes at Silver Lining Cupcake Co. in Athens. This is the cupcake shop I found after constantly craving a really good cupcake after watching Cupcake Wars. We then proceeded to make a homemade pizza. And if any of you know me well, you know that timing things well isn’t my forte. So we didn’t end up eating our pizza until 10 p.m. but we had a lot of fun with it.
2. Getting together with Brianne Whitworth. I am so grateful that amidst her crazy busy life, Brianne was able to find some time to sit down with me and chat and help steer me towards the right direction of really launching myself as a professional photographer. I love spending time with her and her adorable kids.
3. Family group time with one of my best friends, Lauren Youmans, which consisted of us going to the botanical gardens on a beautiful saturday afternoon and lay on a blanket on the grass, soak up the sun, and spend some much needed time reading our bible and praying. It is so much fun being in a family group with one of best friends. It really makes life simple.
4. Celebrating Gayle Smotherman’s birthday. I have had the great joy of becoming closer with one Gayle Smotherman. She is such an encouraging friend and I love all the pillow talk time we’ve had over the past two months. A group of girls went out to Transmet to celebrate the AMAZING Gayle and then we had an impromptu dance party at the Webb’s house. So much fun!
5. I am so blessed to have an amazing best friend, Deanna Heibeck. Through all the stresses and discouragements of life, she is always there to talk to me and back me up and help me figure out my life. We are basically attached at the hip because we live together, work together and have class together. We had a really good chat on monday. She always helps me to be level headed about the things going on it my life. I am so grateful to have her in my life!
6. Baking with Abi Burke. On sunday, Abi and I realized that we are both obsessed with baking cupcakes. And we were inspired by the beautiful cupcakes advertised on Pandora. So I went over the her house on wednesday and we made homemade chocolate cupcakes with homemade vanilla frosting dyed teal. They were absolutely delicious. I was very impressed with us!
7. I received the camera that I get to borrow the whole semester for my photojournalism class, basically my favorite class of all time. Its a Nikon Rebel XSI with a 28-75mm lens. I am absolutely in love with it. And it definitely brings out the nerd in me. I found myself stopping on the sidewalk of milledge while walking home and taking out my camera to take like 50 pictures of a fallen mailbox. But I love that my teacher assigns us to take our camera with us every where we go. Finally a good excuse for my friends when they make fun of me for always having multiple cameras with me every where I go. We also got a 4G memory card that we get to keep after the semester is over. So encouraging!
8. I actually made a list of goals for myself this year and I’ve been doing pretty good on them. One was to be more conscious of my appearance. I have yet to wear sweatpants to school, big improvement for me! Another one was to finally jump into the extremely long book list that I have and read things that are educational and entertaining. I am currently reading The Kite Runner and really enjoying it. One of the other things that I really want to do is to run a 5K. This is a really big deal that I even have the desire to do so because I am SO NOT a runner! But I have been inspired by my siblings working so hard to get to the point that they can run a half marathon. I doubt that I will ever make it that far since I have no desire to run 13.1 miles just for fun but I am pushing myself to run a 5K. My brother sent me a training program this week that I will be starting on Sunday or Monday. I’m grateful that both him and my sister are being so supportive. I’m going to need that to get through this. Two of my friends, Kelsey and Candice, are also going to run it with me. We are running the 20th Annual Run/Walk for Home 5K on April 23 in Athens. Actually deciding on the run made it so much more real. If anyone wants to join us you are welcome to. 🙂
9. Finally, I have a led on a job for this summer. Nothing is official so I can’t say anything about it but I can say that I am so grateful to my sister. She is a big encouragement and help to me. I don’t know where I would be in life without here. Seriously, if you don’t know her you should change that cause she is so amazing! Oh and here’s a link to her blog about her adventures in Philly.
10. Last, but certainly not least, I get to go to Atlanta for a campus devo tonight and spend time with my dad and Peggy. Can’t wait to have breakfast with my dad tomorrow morning. I am so grateful that he lives so close to me now and that I get to see him way more often. I am also going to Gigi’s cupcakes tonight, so excited about that!
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SISTER-IN-LAW, ANNA BEAMAN!!!
p.s. i promise to post some pics from some of my photo shoots from the end of last year. i promise i haven’t forgotten!